Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Super Bowl" Cookie Dough Dip

Last week I gave a talk in our department about some of my recent research on choking under pressure. I usually include a few examples to make sense of this phenomena, and there are some examples that make complete sense to the academic in me -- flubbing a big exam. Yes. I get that. But every other example in the literature is about sports.
Sports.
Ugh.
(Just to show you how completely sports challenged I am, I asked my brother in law at Christmas what one does with batting gloves (a brilliant christmas gift from my uncle) -- "does one wear them when one throws the bat?" I asked. No. Apparently you don't throw a bat.)
Anyway, as I was prepping this talk, one of my friends mentioned that there had just been an example in a football game in which one team lost their chance at the super bowl because one of their players fumbled. Don't ask me what a fumble is. Falling down? Punching someone (they do a lot of that in football, right?)? Doing pirouettes? Hell if I know.
It was at this point in my life that I learned that I say super bowl as if it has virtual quotes around it. "Super bowl".
Sigh.
Anyway, I am going to a "super bowl" party tomorrow. So I googled "super bowl desserts" and found this cookie dough dip. I was totally sold! Cookie dough is great! And apparently dipping foods in other foods is a staple of "super bowl" parties the world over. That is, I was on board until I got to all the bit about the chickpeas. Who puts chickpeas in a dessert? That's just wrong.
SO, I figured out how to make it totally unhealthy. Cream cheese. And butter. And, because I had reeses' cups sitting around, I threw those in too. And I put it in a jar because everything is better in a jar!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

Ingredients: 
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c softened butter
1 c powdered sugar
2 T brown sugar
2 t vanilla
2 - 4 reeses' cups 
1 c chocolate chips 
1 c peanut butter chips 

First cream the cream cheese and butter. 

Then add the powdered sugar and mix some more. 

And the brown sugar and vanilla. Mix well. 

I only had 2 reeses' cups, but I think it would be even better with more! Throw them in the mixer and mix mix mix! 

Add in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and mix. 

And you're done! Seriously. That's it. Serve with graham crackers for dipping. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Ellen made this, minus the peanut butter, in Puerto Rico at our monkey journal club. Can I say amazing? FREAKING AMAZING. Due to her lack of sleep, I think, she left the remains behind- which we were all very happy about. Nomnomnom.

    ReplyDelete